Parapsychology is the scientific study of interactions between living organisms and their external environment that seem to transcend the known physical laws of nature. Parapsychology is a component of the broader study of consciousness and the mind. Parapsychologists study 5 broad areas:
source = http://www.rhine.org/what-we-do/parapsychology/what-is-parapsychology.html
- Telepathy - mind to mind communication through a means other than the normal senses
- Clairvoyance or Remote Viewing - knowledge of objects, people, or events that are hidden via space or time. For example, an object hidden in a box in a different room, a photograph sealed in an envelope, an event that is occurring to a loved one who is thousands of miles away, or the characteristics of a room that only existed in the past.
- Precognition - knowledge of an event that has not yet occurred, or information that appears to be transferred from the future into the present.
- PK or Psychokinesis - Mind interacting with matter at a distance. Mind interactions with living systems (including energetic healing) are sometimes included in this category.
- Survival Studies - The nature of human consciousness and an examination of whether consciousness survives the physical form. This includes mediumship research, reincarnation, out of body experiences, apparitions, and ghost activities.