- Be sure not to take things too personally. People will often say offensive things they didn't mean around this time, because their thinking is clouded and their communication skills are on pause! If your best friend suddenly became the most insensitive person in the world, give her the benefit of the doubt.
- Back up your data!
- Don't purchase any big ticket items, because they will often have flaws or issues that you weren't aware of! Of course, life doesn't stop just because of wacky planetary movement, so if you absolutely have to get that car, computer or iPhone, TRIPLE-check all the paperwork, and make sure you have a warranty!
- Take things with a grain of salt. Everyone is a bit confused, and people are much more inclined to change their mind once Mercury goes direct. Mercury can be a bit of a trickster - could it be that the next few weeks are a big karmic joke?!
- Read the small print on any contracts. Ask lots of questions. Again, you can't put your life on hold just because of some silly planet, but adapt your lifestyle a bit so that things run more smoothly. Communication can be a mess right now, but do your best to get as much information as you can.
- Finish things you started a while ago. Home improvement projects? Wardrobe re-organisation? Short stories? Love affairs?! This is an excellent time to tie up loose ends and file things away forever.
- Get together with old friends, reminisce and laugh!
- Double-check any information you're given, especially as relates to travel arrangements! During one particularly formidable Mercury retrograde, I actually caught a cab to the wrong airport! Check times, delays, baggage allowances, reservations... everything!
- Allow Mercury to nudge you in unusual directions. If you seem to find yourself "back to the future", don't just try to wriggle out of it - look at what the universe is trying to show you. What can you learn from this situation? This is a fantastic time to re-examine, accept and move on.
- Use the things you've discovered in the past to create a dazzling new vision so that you're ready to blast ahead when Mercury goes direct!
Source = http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-survive-mercury-retrograde/